Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Aiden's 5th Birthday



I got the idea for this guitar cake from Parents magazine. It was made from a 9 x 13 slab of cake. Cutting, piecing it together, and frosting it was a little stressful, but my son went nuts over it. The decorations are made from candy. I got the instructions from a recipe card that came in the magazine, but when I tried to look it up on the Parents website, I couldn't find it. I did find a really cool version on the Betty Crocker website. You can find the guitar cake here. I love these chinese take-out containers for favor boxes. You can buy these at Michael's craft store. My husband jokes that they look like favors for a vampire's birthday because of the colors. Inside the favor box, I included a candy maraca and a toy harmonica. Tied to the box, is a rock candy sucker. I really wanted custom birthday invitations, but they are so pricey. I usually make my own out of whatever scrapbook paper or card stock I have around the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment