Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Asher's 1st Birthday


Asher's birthday party did not have a real theme to it, but I knew I wanted to do something with pinwheels. I thought they could double as decorations and favors for the younger kids. It worked out perfect cause it was super windy that day. I incorporated the birds because I had a ton of leftover die-cut birds from my wedding favors. I know...I'm a pack rat. I feel so guilty throwing certain things away, if I know I could use it for something else some day. I found lots of tutorials for pinwheels, but the ones I tried were really stiff and didn't spin freely, so I ended up ordering a pinwheel kit from Oriental Trading Company. I will post how to make simple pinwheels out of double-sided scrapbook paper later.


For the Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting go here. The fudge cupcakes are from a box, but I took vanilla frosting and stirred a little peanut butter in. It was very yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment